This content is also available in
From the Binn city centre, we go up to the small town church and then go down coasting the small artificial lake on the right side. We go back up until we cross an old road which is no longer in use now that the adjoining tunnel has been constructed. Such old road enters the impervious Twingi Gully which in the past was a key point in allowing people to pass through. From 2010 to 2013 the Landscape Park of the Binn Valley, in collaboration with the Municipalities of Binn and Ernen, has launched an ambitious project, namely, the restructuring of the historical carriageway that crosses the Twingi Gully. In order for this to take place, the work carried out in the summer months has allowed the road to get back to what it originally was, which was very important from the historical and civil engineering points of view, so the road is now classified by IVS (the Inventory of Swiss historical passageways) as a monument of national importance.
Having passed the gully the path carries on up until entering a tunnel and then descends back down at a level below the carriageable road. We cross a stream of water and get back to Ad Auserbinn. Having crossed the small village we follow the road which takes us back to Binnegga, with its Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows, a panoramic spot on the Goms Valley. From here onwards the path continues along the mountainside coasting an ancient water deviation canal known as the Trusera, and in a brief amount of time we reach the village of Ernen which is the most populated amongst the villages of the entire Park. Ernen was once the capital of the Goms district and municipal court, as witnessed by the dungeons of the municipal building and the three pillars of the ancient gallows on the hill found between Ernen and Mühlebach. In 1979, Ernen has been awarded the Swiss Henri-Louis Wakker da Heimatschutz prize for the preservation of the historical cluster and its magnificent buildings, such as the Tellenhaus where some of Switzerland’s most ancient frescos can be found, such as the ones by William Tell, Kapuzinerhaus, and the ones at the home of Jost Sigristen. In the last few decades, Ernen has been building a solid reputation as the “music village”, thanks to the establishment of a summer concert season hosting internationally renowned artists.
From Ernen a marked track finally takes us back to Mühlebach, which brags the most ancient inhabited cluster of wooden homes in the whole of Switzerland.

Notable Items along the Track

from Mühlebach a recent (May 2015) suspension bridge crossing the Rodano River caters to a linkage with the Furgangen train station (Briga – Andermatt train path).

Accesso con mezzi pubblici

Un recente (maggio 2015) ponte sospeso sul Fiume Rodano consente il collegamento con la stazione ferroviaria di Furgangen della Linea ferroviaria Briga – Andermatt.

Itinerary Code: ARB

Difficulty Level: Escursioni (T)

Track Length: 11.87 Km

Elapsed Track Traversal Time: 3h 00m

Arrival Address: Binn - CH

Departure Height: 1400 m

Departure Address: Mülebach - IT

Arrival Height: 1191 m

Route Stage: 3

Recommended Time Period: May - October

Altitude Difference Going Up: 550 m

Altitude Difference Going Down: 250 m

Gpx File: Download
What is a GPX file?

© 2017 Ente di Gestione Aree Protette dell’Ossola | Privacy | Cookies  | Accessibilità | Credits

Questo sito utilizza cookie tecnici e cookie di terze parti, per migliorare il funzionamento del sito stesso.Cliccando su 'Accetto' acconsenti all'uso dei cookie. Se vuoi saperne di piu'...privacy policy.

  Io accetto i cookie di questo sito
EU Cookie Directive plugin by www.channeldigital.co.uk